Thursday, December 22, 2011

Total Overhaul

I think I have made it a tradition to post something than disappear into the background for a few weeks. Well, lets be honest here: being a college student with many responsibilities and what-not makes blogging a pretty hard hobby to stick too. Don't get me wrong, I want to stick with it. Its just difficult to do so. :(

Now, I  have come a long way since I began my blog this past summer. I can not honestly say that I can bake nearly anything without having to worry about setting something on fire; I have been told numerous times by co-workers at my job to not tell my boyfriend I bake until after we're married, which I think is a compliment. And lastly, I have really grown to appreciate all the wonderful cooks and bakers out here on the internet. To have the time to sit down and type, let alone the time in the kitchen is something that I seriously understated. I wish I could be like the bloggers that I follow, to be able to spend time once, or even multiple times per week to share my thoughts and my baking adventures. I however must confess to my inability to do so. Though I'm sure the people who have been where I have been understand, being a college student is pretty time consuming. And yet, I am still determined to stick with my blog!

This brings me to the meaning behind the title; total overhaul. Indeed, I am putting into affect a change (once again) to the format of my blog. I still bake at school, in fact, I just mastered the art of making a gingerbread cake! I also want to talk about the food at my school, and my experiences using the cookbooks that I have purchased ('cause there has been many). Fortunately, I am on break right now so I can bake and cook to my heart's delight. In fact, I just made latkas on Tuesday night for the first time. And coming up soon, sweet patato cupcakes with chocolate filling -yum! So for the few out there who still read my blog, be prepared for some changes. There will still be cupcakes; but there is also going to be other things. I have decided that I really want to learn to cook so I am taking the time that I have to do so. In fact, I just purchased myself a copy of America's Test Kitchen's cookbook (the red one), and cannot wait for it to arrive. I have ready fantastic reviews about it and can truly say that its a great beginner cookbook for those just starting out. Many reviewers cite it as an awesome reference book.

Well, I think this is enough for now. Let it all sink in. Stay tuned for more!

Until next time,
Jill

No comments:

Post a Comment